August 01, 2008

An Ode to My Phone-Camera-- and Moving On





For several years, nearly all my photos have been taken with the nice 3.2 megapixel camera in my Sharp cell phone. Given good light, a steady hand and an immobile subject, I was able to get some good results and move them to my computer via the flash memory card.

Here is what I learned from using this camera:

If you always have your camera with you and easily accessible, you'll get lots of shots.

The more photos that you take, the more likely you are to get something special.

Holding the camera with two hands and resting on something solid makes clearer pics.

Here is an article that incorporates much of what I learned:

A Dozen Ways to Take Better Camera-Phone Pictures

However, for low light and action situations I wanted something more than its tiny lens, so a few months ago I began to research to see what I needed and how to get the best 'bang for my buck'.

... see my search in part two: DSLR or a Digicam?

No comments:

Post a Comment