April 28, 2010

Peruse Bruce's News and Views and TIPserve.com Upgraded-- Plus New: Whispers and Wonders


This is my first update in several weeks. Sorry-- I've been busy completely overhauling both of my sites with more to come.
 
James (of Jamesjpn.net) spent an entire day helping me-- mostly answering about an hundred questions that I had stored up, enabling me to make some real progress. The biggest job was FINALLY getting TIPserve.com upgraded after a three year delay.
Juz'-Wait'll-Ya-See-It!



TIPserve.com is now a full-blown, self-hosted site with an embedded blog (New: Whispers and Wonders) not so different from this one, except that it's infinitely more customizable and is going to be very interesting. It should be full of features and posts in the next week or two, but for now it's quite empty.

As you will see if you visit now, there is only an intro plus a post from September, 2007-- which shows how long it took me to get it going! I tried Blogger at that time and three years and a hundred posts later I'm ready for my move to bit richer-- and granted, more complicated-- environment. Blogger was easier to learn than Wordpress-- a good choice for plain vanilla blogging, and one that I would still recommend.

At the same time, I've been shutting down many other sites and services I experimented with over the past few years, so I can focus on TIPserve.com and Peruse Bruce's News and Views. It will take quite a while to get my backlog of articles finalized and up and all of the photos that I want on line, but I'm learning how better use my time-- another upcoming post.

This site, Peruse Bruce's News and Views, also got a new look-- including tabs at the top (a new feature on Blogger), my Twitter (tipserve) updates in the side panel (I'm integrating my tipserve Twitter account into the sites so my twittering will become short posts), and photo previews of my latest uploads to Picasa.

If you have any comments, suggestions for what you would like to see here, or find any mistakes, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment